Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. This is mainly because of their side effects, and the notion that they don’t really cure the disease.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. They are anxiety busters. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.